DESIGN FOR PEOPLE WITH PEOPLE
I like to design things that inform, enrich, and motivate. And I believe in using design to help guide the narrative in communications and experiences. My solid design foundation is at the heart of everything I work on regardless of the format. Sure I can work independently but there is even great success with collaboration and partnership. I value having the perspective offered by all professional disciplines on a project.
preparation and execution
I do my best work with context, strategy, planning, and team work. Building a foundation of discovery, research, and analysis helps to focus my design work and more importantly deliver informed experiences for users. I can see the big picture then converge to plan design methods and tasks to create a finished product. With the tools and skills I've honed over the years as a designer I am comfortable working through design iterations and tasks to get to the final produced piece.
LEARNING AND EXPERIENCING
recent courses, workshops, and events that have influenced my work:
- Fundamentals of Innovation through Human-Centered Design / Luma Institute 2016
- UX/UI Foundations In Research and Design Workshop / Work Hard Pittsburgh 2015
- Human-Computer Interaction / University of California, San Diego / Coursera 2014
- Sketch to Structure Drawing Workshop with Lorcan O’Herlihy / CMOA 2015
- CreateFest 2015 / Pittsburgh Tech Council
- Content Strategy for Professionals / Northwestern University / Coursera 2015
- Initiating and Planning Projects / University of California, Irvine / Coursera 2015